Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Little Update...What we've been up to.

As of today, I am 27 weeks pregnant! That means that I only have 13 weeks left! I believe starting tomorrow, I am officially in my third trimester and that also means it's time for the dreaded Glucose Tolerance Test! Joe is taking me to the Doctor tomorrow at 3pm. I'm not looking forward to the test, but on a brighter note, they are going to do an ultrasound right after, so we will be able to see Baby Kendall again! The Glucose test is given to just about everyone nowadays to test for Gestational Diabetes and it involves drinking a super sweet, syrupy orange drink and then waiting an hour to have your blood drawn. I should get the results a few days after I take the test, but hopefully I will pass it.

I had to ask off for work because of the late appointment time, which is great, because I almost never get a Friday night off, so tomorrow night Joe and I are going to......are you ready??.......a TRACTOR PULL. ha ha. I'm pretty sure it's got to be one of the most redneck things I've ever done in my life, and although I know nothing about them, I've heard they are funny, so I'm going to see what the hype is all about. If you are lucky, I will take some pictures and post them. We are going with a few couples from our Sunday School class, so at least it will be great company!

Now for the fun stuff!!
~Just a few fun facts about Baby for this week:
            * Kendall measures out at 15 inches long and weighs just over 2.2lbs!
            * Her taste buds are very developed this week, and I have found that my love for spicy food                                              
               gives her hiccups!
            * Joe and I can see my stomach move when our little Girl kicks, hiccups, practices gymnastics
               and even during her nightly boxing practice! lol
~I am getting very excited for my Baby Shower coming up in just a few weeks on Sunday, September 11th! Hopefully, I will have a good idea of what all I need and where to put it after the shower.
~This week, we will start putting our nursery together. Our furniture has been ordered, and it should be in sometime in the next few days, so we can go pick it up.
This is a picture of our furniture minus the tall dresser. (Obviously that is NOT our bedding, and we won't have slate walls, or a red floor. ha ha) I will be sure to take before, during and after pictures of the nursery and nursery closet and post them as we go.
Right now, the nursery is our office/junk room, so we have a long way to go, but we've bought the paint and the organizers for the closet. These are the nursery colors we are going with. The lightest green will be the color of the walls. The darker green and brown, the color of the bedding, then I am going to mix in different shades of pink to bring the whole room together. 


I plan to paint a whimsical tree behind and above the chair we will have in the nursery, but I haven't decided yet. These are a few of my ideas, although the tree would be in pinks, greens and browns. 



If anyone has an opinion on which you like better, let me know! I'm open for ideas!


1 comment:

  1. I have to say i prefer the green tree with the owl and birds because the owl is fatter and more friendly and the colour bring me in more. I'm looking at wall decals ideas for the nursery for future baby. I enjoy planning for baby. Have you got any more nursery ideas?

    ReplyDelete