Thursday, November 17, 2011

Scheduled Induction for Tuesday Nov. 29th

Joe started a new job with a great company called Red Ventures a few weeks ago and is still in the training process, so he works 12 pm to 9 pm for the next 2.5 months. I am trying not to go crazy since I am used to spending most of my time working. So I have been spending my days cleaning, cooking, baking, sleeping, and relaxing. I have even begun to put our Christmas decorations up a couple weeks early since I will most likely have my hands full very soon...it makes the hours and days go by a little bit faster.

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my 40 week check up, and despite my wishes and hopes, Kendall doesn't look like she will be on time or all that close to on-time. Her heartbeat is still very strong, and she seems to be healthy, I suppose she just needs more time to "bake." The only change was that she had dropped a little more since the week before. My doctor informed me that she won't let me go more than a week over, so she has scheduled an induction for Tuesday November 29th at 5 am. I am kind of discouraged that I may not be able to have a naturally induced labor, so I am praying that Kendall will show up on her own sometime this week, but we are continuing to trust God because he knows what is best for us and Baby. In the meantime, we will continue to pray for her health, a safe delivery and prepare diligently for her arrival.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! You should ask your doctor if you can go later if everything is looking okay. I was 12 days late with Lucy and it was fine. Most 1st pregnancies go 41 weeks and a day!! (that's the average!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with Michaela on this. Give you body a chance to prepare and slowly do some work on it's on. You can tell your doctor that you'd rather wait. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete